To provide strategic direction for the school
- To act as a critical friend to the headteacher
- To ensure accountability
Who can become a school governor?
All types of people can become school governors. There are no special qualifications required, however you must be 18 or over on the date when you are elected or appointed.
- The Executive Headteacher (Ex-officio)
- The Local Incumbent (Ex-officio)
- Three local community governors appointed by the Vine Trust
- Two parent governors appointed from the parent body
- One staff governor appointed from the school staff
- One local church member appointed by the Parochial Church Council
The Chair is appointed by the Vine Trust Board from one of the members above.
He welcomes contact vie email, telephone or letter through the school office.
To download the Vine Schools Trust Local Governance policy click here
Governors Date Appointed
Canon Brian Vidler August 2017
Mrs Maureen Rigg August 2017
Executive Head Teacher
Mrs Linda Taylor Ex-officio
Head of School
Mrs Kirsty Stuart -Staff August 2017
Revd Canon Jonathan Lowe Ex-officio
Mr Nigel Benwell - Parent March 2018
Miss Cheri Woodley - Parent. August 2017
Clerk Alison Mansfield
A term of office is four years
Jonathan Lowe is married to Rev Theresa Lowe SENCO
Former governors in the last year:
Mrs Helen Bull August 2017 - March 2019